Here’s what’s happening on the Milton-Madison Bridge Project:
- With the explosive bridge demolition complete, here are some of the next steps on the Milton-Madison Bridge Project:
- Continued removal of the last section of truss from the river
- Removal of the pier stems from the original piers
- New wider pier “caps” will be formed and poured – these will accommodate the new wider bridge
- The bridge slide is the next step after that – it is currently scheduled to take place this fall
- Following the slide: Final paint and touch up will take place. The sidewalk and railing will be installed. Any temporary works will be removed, such as the temporary piers, the causeway in Madison and the trestle in Milton. The remaining scour mitigation will be placed at the piers. And repairs will be made at the Milton boat ramp.